Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Bookalicious Tuesday : The Paper Dolls

Book:  The Paper Dolls
Author: Julia Donaldson
Illustrations: Rebecca Cobb
For ages: 3-6 years

 

Why we picked it and what was our reaction: I heard about this on a group on Facebook. Since we have to pick a Julia Donaldson book by default, we had to order this one too. I LOVED it the moment I saw its cover. I used to make paper dolls as a child and I loved the fact I can introduce the concept of Paper dolls to Z. It is a very simple book, but it is a book you will immediately connect with. I love the story and the illustrations by Rebecca Cobb are simple but stunning at the same time.



BZM Take: We love it, we also have a song. We read and sing the book. Z has to read it every alternate day. This book beautifully portrays the relationship between a mom and daughter. Z actually says, the little girl in the book is 'Mumsy' and her daughter in the end is Z.

BZM gives The Paper Dolls a Perfect 10 (can we give more)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...