Tuesday, February 10, 2015

BZM Bookalicious Tuesdays - My Name Is Not Isabella

Thanks to A Mighty Girl for the suggestion, we picked up the book and WE LOVE IT. Z loves Isabella and so do I.

Book: My Name Is Not Isabella
Author: Jennifer Fosberry
Illustrator: Mike Litwin
For ages: 4-8 




Why we picked it and what was our reaction: I'm raising Z who is an Isabella as well, and the line on book 'Just how big can a little girl dream' did it for me. I was tempted to pick the book and read. Hence I ordered it.

BZM Take:
What do we say, Z doesn't want to blink when we read the book. She laughs at Isabella and loves her mum. We also loves the fact that Isabella wants to be astronaut Sally Ride, activist Rosa Parks, shooter Annie Oakley and her mum... She doesn't want to be a princess or a doll (or whatever). Isabella is a girl who knows she can be anyone and everyone, she loves being herself at the end of the day after all the adventure. Her mommy is also a role model for her. The mommy doesn't hush Isabella, in fact she joins her in her dreams and adventures (how cool is that). The amount of confidence Isabella exudes and the kind of support she gets from her mom is AWESOME.

The illustrations are adorable, check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Jam0f4rx8. Z can read the book all by herself and that is why the book gets brownie points from Z, not that she would not have loved the book any less otherwise.

We are eying  Isabella Girl on the Go and Isabella: Star of the Story now... soon!

BZM gives a perfect 10. The book engages the child immediately, and keeps them engaged throughout the book (and I'm talking about 'I don't even want to blink' engage).

BZM Says: Go pick it up now, you can also try My Name Is Not Alexander (similar book featuring little Alexander). We suggest you buy it for your sake and your kid's sake.




2 comments:

  1. I would definitely buy My name is Alexandar, given that this recommendation comes from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will pick up 'My Name is alexander' for my son :)
    And Iam hosting a link party in my blog ..try adding your favorite children's book names there! Here is the link: http://hunt4star.blogspot.in/2015/02/best-books-for-children-aged-4-6-year.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...