Sunday, July 6, 2014

Why do I blog?

I started my first blog in 2005; it’s going to be 10 years next year. Definitely calls for a celebration, but frankly, I feel bad that I don’t blog the way I used to back then. Not for readers or hits or likes, just for myself. I enjoyed blogging so much back then. Now I write on topics which would appeal to my target audience mostly (whenever I do write that is, and if there are readers out there, which I’d like to believe there are).

I have gone from a person writing about everything and anything, to Z to parenting to reading. If you’d ask me which one I enjoyed the most it would be the first phase for sure. There was no pretense as such (which is not there in my blog today as well). There was more soul in my writing, more passion, that is something which is missing now. Till one day out of the blue I really want to speak out or rather blog out. Today is such a day and I don’t want to give it a miss.

I like doing things which make me forget about what’s going on around me and just let me go in my own zone. Now, this coming from a person who LOVES to be in focus is kind of strange… but that’s also me. Like when I read out from a book to a bunch of kids or tell a story to a bunch of adults I love being the center of attraction and enjoy my 10 minutes of fame, it’s therapeutic. Similarly a nice haircut, a conversation with Z or Fizz and blogging is also therapeutic for me. And, I believe the reason why I blog even today, though I don’t as much as I’d like to… it is because I feel wonderful after jotting down something that is going on in my mind. 

And if you are reading… Why do you blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...