Sunday, May 11, 2014

On Mother's Day I thank You Z

Z I have been so busy off late that I have not been able to update the blog (except for a few book recommendations). I have also not been able to spend quality time with my little Ms. Z. We spend the entire day together but Mom has been busy, I'm sorry Z. On Mother's Day people write about their moms, but I'm writing this post just to thank you my pumpkin. 


So a lot of things are happening with Mom's My Little Chatterbox. And whenever someone asks about my journey, I can't stop thinking about you. I would like to thank you for a lot of things, and I know I will only be able to mention just a few.

People know I'm a Picture Book Enthusiast, my professional life revolves around picture books, reading them, narrating them, researching about them. I know I was lucky that my parents introduced me to some of the gems as a child. It was you who re-introduced me to picture books again. I loved reading them to you, discussing about them, exploring books and reading/writing their reviews. And now, I only read kid's books (mostly).

I knew I had the gift of gab, I was good at communication and dramatics in school/college. I remember narrating books to you when you were just a few weeks old. You loved exploring books by 3-4 months. By the time you were 6-7 months you loved listening to Mom narrate you stories. Your wide open eyes, your smiles, your cooos, ooohs, and aaahs. These changed into you trying to copy me, turning those pages and what not. Now you have started demanding for more and more books. After we are done reading, you take your stuff toys and narrate them just like I do. You have been my biggest inspiration and my biggest teacher, my little guinea pig.

I started working when you weren't even a year old. Now you have become used to the fact that mom needs to work, and you give me my space and time.

I was trained in phonics but never thought of taking it up professionally. It was you, who showed so much interest in the way I taught you phonics that made me devise the program, do trial runs, work as a trainee and now a trainer.

So chipmunk, thank you for being my inspiration, my everything. Thanks for making me a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...