Sunday, December 29, 2013

Book Pick - Tabby McTat by Julia Donaldson


Book: Tabby McTat
Author: Julia Donaldson
Illustrator: Axel Scheffler



This is the 2nd book Z received as a birthday gift from her Aanie. There is nothing new about the fact that I love Donaldson's work.

Why I picked it and what was my Reaction: I did hear a lot about the book from parents of older kids and when I did read about Julia Donaldson's work Tabby McTat was always mentioned. When I went through the book for the first time, I thought Z is going to take a few more months to get hooked on to this one. Guess what? I was totally wrong.

The Toddler's take: Z loves cats and with Tabby McTat, her love for cats became stronger. She loves not only Tabby but also Samuel Sprat, Sock, Soames and Susan (those are the other cats featured in the book).

What it is about: It is about Tabby McTat who is a busker's cat. Tabby and Busker get separated and though Tabby starts a new life with a wife, children, new owners and a new house... he does miss the busker a lot. Will Tabby be able to go back to Fred (the busker) if he does what will happen to his family.

How We Read it: Drama and lots of singing.

Favorite Line: We love the song 'You... Me and the Old guitar...'

Age Group:  4+

BZM Must Buy, you can pick it up from Flipkart

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...