Monday, February 4, 2013

Project 52 Week 6: And my day was made!

I love being with myself and I don't mind spending some moments every day lost in my thoughts. When I come out of my zone, I usually do not remember what was I thinking about, but those moments leave me all fresh and energetic. With a toddler around, one usually does not get those kind of moments. You actually have to search for them. Today, I was disturbed when I hate it the most, yes... it was one of those moments. And you guessed it right, it was the Toddler who came barging in my privacy. What was different, is that I did not mind it at all. I did feel even better after what happened.

So here is what happened... I was busy staring at the sky in the evening over a cup of chai. (Isn't cool Bangalore evening, a terrace to chill on and a pipping hot cup of tea all you want sometime?). The toddler was busy with her cycle, I could hear her constant yapping in the background. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder, and someone constantly kept pulling my hair. I had no choice but to look at her, I was irritated (to put it mildly). The toddler came closer to me and said "What happened Mommie?" She apparently thought I wasn't in a good mood. She kissed me on my cheeks and hugged me tight saying "big hug". I smiled and the toddler went back to her ride.

She did not know her Mommie is looking at her with moist eyes (this is huge for someone who doesn't cry so easily). She did not know she has given a precious gift to her mommie... she did not know she has made her mom's day.

My baby who came in my arms (so small and so delicate) 2 years back, is growing into a sensitive little girl. I have totally mixed feelings about this.

11 comments:

  1. almost the same thing happens to me these days from N. I don't remain gloomy, but sometimes even end up shedding tears, and she comes and says 'don't cry' ... and immediately my mood is lifted up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I'm looking forward to these "Don't Cry" moments.

      Delete
  2. You just wait till they grow up a little more and get you a pillow and blanket when you say you have a headache, or slowly rub your chest when you are coughing. It makes the world so much of a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a touching post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...she is a sweetheart. I can understand how precious those moment must be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet....these small gestures of these pure souls is enough to make the day..

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...