Friday, February 1, 2013

And the Liebster Award goes to......

Friday early morning (actually before dawn) I picked my phone to check the time and I saw myself smiling ear to ear. The reason behind it was the mail which told me a comment was left on my blog. And when I checked the comment, I found out, I have been given the Liebster Award by Mehroo of From Miss India to Motherhood. I got so excited, I clicked on the link Mehroo sent me and checked her blog post for details. Firstly, a big thanks to Mehroo, for making my day.


Coming to the Liebster Award:
 
Liebster is a German word which means kindest, dearest, beloved, cute, endearing... This award is given to new or promising bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  it is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category.

RULES:
  • Tell 11 Random facts about yourself
  • Answer the questions the nominator has asked in their post
  • Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate
  • Nominate 11 bloggers whose blogs you read frequently and who have less than 200 followers.
  • Inform the nominee by commenting on one of their posts.
  • No tag back
11 Random things about me:
  1. I'm extremely straight forward and do not know how to be politically correct.
  2. I have been overweight forever. I lost 30 kgs when in college, lost another 10 kgs (which I had put on after marriage), maintained my weight till Zoe was born. Now I'm at loggerheads with my weight again (hope results are similar to what they have been in the past).
  3. I hate having regrets, there is this one regret I cannot get over. I wish I could've been with my dad when he took his last breath.
  4. For Zoe and my Nephew I'm the best story teller in the world.
  5. I run an Early Communication and Language Training program - My little Chatterbox for children between 3-10. I also have a parenting blog Momsters which I manage with my elder sister. 
  6. I want to start a kid's library with a book club of my own. We need to instill the love of reading in the next generation.
  7. I love dancing, I don't need any excuse to dance, I don't even need music at times.
  8. I'm a lousy cook, who doesn't even know the so called basics.
  9. I was a star debater in school, and I was more involved in extra-curricular activities than studies. 
  10. I'm Extremely possessive about people I'm very close to (Fizz, Zoe, my parents and my sisters)
  11. As a kid I used to think when Black and White movies were made, things were B/W in real life as well.
 Answer 11 questions set by the nominator:

1. Since how many months/years have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since November 2008 but I took it up seriously from when I started Being Zoe's Mom (from May 2010 onwards). Besides BZM I have a parenting blog Momsters and I also blog for some other parenting websites.
2. How many close family members do you have as followers on your blog?
Me and Faizan, I kept this blog private for a long time. Most of my family reads my posts but they do not follow the blog.
3. Has any family member/close friend been offended by what you might have written about them in your blog? You could elaborate if you wish.
My family gets offended all the time, maybe because I write what I believe in. This post of mine on Gender Stereotypes did give birth to a huge debate with someone I don't even know.
4. What has been the biggest challenge in blogging so far?
I love blogging, I cannot think of a single day I do not write something (except when I'm on a vacation). Till date I have not faced a real challenge, I think overcoming a 'blogger's block' will be a big challenge.
5. What is the best blogging time in the day for you?
For me, whenever I think of something I have to sit down and write. When I cannot do it, I feel totally helpless.
6. If you had just one piece of good advice to give a fresh blogger, what would it be?
Read a lot of blogs, take inspiration but do not copy.
7. How many incomplete posts have you written that you somehow couldn't complete? Why so?
None, I write a post in my head first, if I think of what all I need to write I can never leave a post incomplete. There are no incomplete drafts.
8. How has blogging helped you as a person?
I have always voiced my opinion and believe in being expressive. Blogging helps me get my 'me time' it is one of the biggest stress buster for me. It has also helped me interact with so many bloggers. I have become a part of the Blogging Marathon, which has so many bloggers. 
9. What is your ultimate blogging goal? Does it have a timeline?
For this blog it is being as regular as possible and meeting new moms around, with whom I can share my thoughts.
10. Do you have a friend who is also a blogger? Do you compete?
Yes, but we do not compete.
11. Give me your honest opinion about MY blog. 
I recently discovered Mehroo's blog and I love reading it. I do get a lot of tips, especially on books. 
 11 questions for my nominated bloggers:
  1. If you can get to live a famous person's life for one day, who would it be and why?
  2. What has the best blog post you have written (per you) and why do you think so?
  3. What is the worst blogging mistake you have done and why do you think so? 
  4. 1 book/movie charecter you would love to become for your life?
  5. If you get to do just 1 thing for yourself in 2013 what would you do?
  6. What’s the one food you’d wish to eat all the time and never get bored of? do not think about calories
  7. When you were younger what did you want to become? What are your views about that profession now
  8. What was your favorite fairy-tale as a kid? Why? Do you still like it as much?
  9. What is the strangest thing about you?
  10. What is your funniest childhood memory?
  11. One person who has influenced you as a blogger.
11 Nominated Bloggers: HOLD YOUR BREATH...
  1. Canvas of my thoughts 
  2. My World through my spectacled eyes
  3. The Cub & The Bub
  4. Obsessive Mom
  5. I Thinked!
  6. Life as a Mom
  7. Circles in the Sand
  8. My Little One and Me
  9. Shocks & Shoes
  10. I write... Therefore, I am alive
  11. Bits And Pieces

10 comments:

  1. oh wow! so cute... thanks I am loving the love! I am going to take this up soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for awarding me!!! Those questions look like fun and I look forward to answering them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the award (incidentally German and Germany are very close to my heart :)) !! I'm hoping I'll manage to get around to doing this post soon!

    Also loved going to your link and reading that gender stereotypes post (and the argument ;)).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys sure deserved it... Waiting for your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Thanks a ton dear! I had no idea about this and no one has ever shown any love towards my blog like this...this sure means a lot...I loved the concept and would love to take this forward.....Can I ask a silly question? Do I do a post about this and get on in the way you did? Is that how I get the award and can also nominate others? Sorry for being such a dumbo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad u liked it :-)...
      - You can be as silly as you want.
      - Yes absolutely, you need to follow the similar pattern.
      - You need to nominate 11 more people and pass on the award.

      Waiting for the post :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks girl for approving the silly bit ;-) Am looking forward to get some time to myself, so that I can sit down and give this thing the attention it deserves...the post should be following soon, hope there's no near deadline!!

      Delete
    3. :-) You can take as much time as u like...

      Delete
    4. Hi,

      Thank you for the award! Sorry, I have been very busy with a commissioned painting these past few days, so haven't been able to respond to this. I hope you don't mind if I take a little while to come up with my response :D

      Delete
    5. You are most welcome! Take as much time as u need :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...