Monday, February 25, 2013

22nd February 2013 - the night still gives me shudders

Night of 22nd February qualifies as the Worst night of my life so far. I felt so helpless as a mom, I stood there and was trying to understand what was happening to my baby. She was her chirpy self throughout the day, when Fizz reached home at 8:45, he told me she was warm, I said can't be. I felt her and frankly I didn't feel she was warm. She was her loud chirpy self till 11.15pm when Fizz told me she's shivering, I looked at her and she shivered again. I took her in my lap and she wasn't reacting. She just kept looking at a spot, and wasn't reacting. We took her to Fortis, The 10 mins drive from our house to Fortis was the longest drive of our life. I know I was feeling terrible, but now when I look back at the situation... I just keep on thinking of Fizz, he kept on saying "Main Zoe ko kuch nahin hone doonga..." At Fortis when the doctor examined her he told, she became unconscious because of the sudden rise in temperature. This had happened once to me as well, guess that's the reason why it happened to my baby... I'm sorry baby.
The doctors immediately controlled her temperature and soon my baby was conscious. Afterward, she underwent some tests and kept under observation for 24 hours as she had high fever. The tests were normal (ALHAMDULLILAH) and she has recovered well. She was a bit sleepy, which is totally logical. 

Seeing Zoe Alhamdullilah, happily playing with Fizz brings a smile on my face today. Allah has been really kind on us, I love my baby.

15 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to it. Hugs dear and lots of kuchi-muchi to our brave girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of tight hugs Falak, stay strong!!! hugs to Zoe :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Poonam, guess that's what we got to do for our little ones. She is doing great now. :)

      Delete
  3. Gosh! I can understand what you went through..I recently went through a similar nightmare with my son...*hugs* thank God all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loads of love to Zoe...she is strong girl like her mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can completely understand the horror you went through... been there in a different way.. just glad that its all ok now

    ReplyDelete
  6. HUGS hugs and lot of hugs to you & li'l darling. Good it is over...take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesterday my lil Bun got high fevers and both of us were at work. He was perfectly well in the morning, and suddenly don't know what. Coincidentally i left my car at service and hubby was at clients and we both felt so helpless when the call came in. He left mid-meeting and I cried in office feeling helpless waiting for him to come pick me up. When it was over and we were coming out of hospital, first thing we agreed on was never again both cars will be away. He still has fever but is better. I can totally imagine what went into you during those moments. Glad everything is good now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( Hope he is doing well now. This is so scary ya...

      Delete
  8. Sounds like such a scary time.. am glad it's a memory only now. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...