Sunday, October 7, 2012

I swore I would NEVER

When I was expecting Z, I did a lot of planning and most of the time I thought about what I would like to do and what I would never do to my child. Here is the list:
1. I would never force Z for doing anything... and I have been on track, I never force feed Z, never forced her and started potty training before she was ready and the list goes on. Though, I do stop Z from doing certain things, but I try to stop myself than stop Z from doing something.

2. I would make Z aware about healthy eating: I have struggled with my weight and have won the battle as well... but I always thought if I would have known the importance of a healthy wholesome diet I would not have faced such a problem. So, I try to give Z healthy options... though I don't stop her from eating anything, but I make sure I keep a tab on quantity and stop people from pampering her - which for many people means stuffing a baby's hands with chocolates, chips and all sorts of junk.

3. I would never shout at my baby... I hate saying this, but I do shout at Z, and I hate it. I'm sorry Z.

4. I would never let my baby see television for more than 2 hours: On weekdays I do this successfully, Z loves her books more than anything else. I make sure I take Z out for sometime, if not anywhere else I take her to the terrace.

5. I will never let Z stay awake late in night: Some days she is asleep by 10 p.m and at times she is awake till midnight. I hate it but I just try to make sure she sleeps on time most of the days.

6. I would never take my child to a movie theater: I used to hate seeing kids cry their lungs out in the theater, but that was before I had Z. I have taken Z for a movie couple of times, but generally we avoid it.

7. I would never utter bad words in front of my baby: Well, most of the time I do keep this in mind, but once or twice I do say something inappropriate I feel terrible.

8. I swore I would never make Z totally dependent on me or Fizz: And I proudly say, we are doing this successfully. Fizz and I both feel that Z should grow as an independent girl, who is capable of doing everything she wants on her own.

9. I swore I would never become a SAHM (That's just not me): For a good 1.5 years, I was a SAHM and it was more than I can digest... so now I'm back to work as a WFHM and I'm loving it and Z is liking this arrangement as well.

Before I finish, I would like to thank Canvas of My Thoughts... for introducing this topic and making me realize where I'm lagging behind. I must say, I'm doing a pretty good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...