Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Best Moment of My Day - Toddling Tuesday

I have read a lot of mom-bloggers describe their best moment of the day. I don't know why, but more than 90% of these women consider the best moment of the day being the bed time routine. I cannot imagine that as my best moment, because this is exclusively Fizz’s responsibility. He is the one who makes Z have a bath at night, and make her go to sleep (on most nights). It is only when Z is super active and not in a mood to sleep, that Fizz hands her over to me, Post that I manage to make her sleep within 15-20 minutes… but that is another story, which I’d narrate in another post (if I think it is worth a post).

Right now I have settled on discussing my favorite moment with Z. This half an hour is something I do not give up for anything (expect on weekends, when we have other plans). This moment happens when I take Z out for individual ‘Me’ time on the terrace. Bangalore weather is always (well, most of the time) amazing at that hour, if it isn’t raining, that is. What makes those 30 minutes exceptional? I think it’s the both of us doing what we want to, without anyone clinging on to the other, or without stopping the other person from doing anything. I brisk walk on the terrace swaying my head on some amazing tunes (thanks to my I-Pod)… I do keep an eye on Z, but never (try not to) stop her from doing anything most of the things. Z has a blast, she plays with bricks, does all kind of acrobats, climbs up and down stairs. You can hear her shriek and shout (in excitement), if you are around, and I have a constant smile on my face and a song on my lips.

So, what is your best moment of the day with your little one?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...