Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Toddling Tuesdays

My AJ was the most chilled out dad in the whole wide world. My Ma on the other hand was and still is an 'its either my way or the highway' kinda mum. (I don't have a problem with that,  the 3 of us know how to handle her :-*). Now she's become more of 'emotional jazz' kind of mum, but still she gets things done according to her sweet will... Earlier she was extremely strict. If she said 'no' for anything, we weren't supposed to get a reason for that. If we asked for the reason...  [being the 'brat' - (me), and the 'rebel' - (my younger sis) of the house], we often asked for it... All we got for an answer was "Because I said so...". Now I love my mum... but I don't understand this bit of her parenting style, and ALWAYS (by default) argued with her on the same. 

I don't wanna become an 'I said so' parent. I had decided that pretty early on in my life. Whenever I want/think Z should not be doing something, I'll sit down and will try to explain it to her (to the best of my ability). I don't believe in the fact that parents (because they're parents) are always right. We have an opinion, which we should put in front of our kids... Before trying to impose something on them (if that's important). I know this TT is a little different, but its something I wanted to discuss. What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with u...reasoning do help and I witnessed it in one of my niece who is brought up this way....

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please understand this is a kid-friendly blog and your comments would be deleted if they are found offensive in any manner. Hope you understand

Wild Karnataka – Experience

We were ecstatic when we got to know we were going to see  Wild Karnataka.  It was a long trip to Vega City mall, Bannerghetta Road, Benga...